JOB TITLE: Contracts Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Contracts Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To supervise the day to day running of the contract, encompassing planning of performance & delivery of contract specification, people management, health & safety conformance and assisting the Contract Manager where necessary.
Contract Performance & Delivery
- To create a positive impression with our customers with the aim to exceed their expectations.
- To liaise with clients in a professional manner and to accurately report back to the manager.
- To understand the company values and to promote them t enable potential additional works from sites.
- To create a positive impression and to foster a good working relationship and environment.
- To plan and organise the daily activities necessary to fulfil the contract requirements.
- Establish and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Attend and act as an ambassador at client or related events.
- Initiate client communication to foster open lines of communication.
- To be approachable and responsive to the needs of your staff and minimise conflict .
- To communicate effectively and confidently both on a one-to-one basis and in groups.
- To develop team work by effective communication and regular meetings.
- To create a positive impression with clients, presenting a professional and proactive attitude.
- To build strong, long term relationships with clients.
- To understand the benefits of the company’s complaints and Customer Contact procedures.
- To understand the clients needs and initiate any feedback.
- Manage the performance of all contract staff, through regular 121s.
- To give all members of your staff the opportunity to discuss their work, problems and aspirations.
- Manage any employee relations issues, utilising support from HR, within the parameters of Company policies.
- Monitor the daily staff levels and record necessary time sheets.
- Adhere to HR processes and procedures.
- Ensure all HR matters are dealt with accordingly and passed to the Contract Manager if necessary.
- To show a rigorous concern for the security of company buildings, vehicles, machinery and materials.
- To take ownership for contract depot/office site.
- To ensure that all members of staff behave in a professional manner: wear the correct corporate clothing, keep vehicles and
machinery clean and well maintained and that sites are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Keeping machinery and equipment under your control operational, through good working practices and supervision.
Quality, Health & Safety
To understand the law relating to Health & Safety and understand and implement the company’s Health & Safety policy.
- To understand and implement risk assessments and COSSH.
- To understand and work to agreed company procedures, in particular, operating within the Company quality system.
- Record keeping an essential part of the role, must keep simple, clear and accurate records for all tasks completed including Route sheets, protective clothing logs, accident records time sheets, machinery and vehicle records etc.
- Generate quotes for additional works when required.
- Carry internal and Joint QA inspections with Client officers.
- Constantly seek to improve and change to deliver best value.
- Communicate with colleagues across the Group in order to share best practice and pool knowledge and resources.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Complete all grounds maintenance activities to contract schedule using contract route sheets.
Achieve a minimum of a “4” on the bi- annual QA report.
Keep all machinery and equipment breakdowns to a minimum.
Keep accidents and other H&S incidents to a minimum by implementing good working practices, training and adhering to company H&S policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Able to liaise with management at all levels and provide sound technical advice/opinion when requested to do so.
- Ability to challenge ideas when required to do so.
- The ability to train and guide others on horticultural practices.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety, its enforcement and able to get the message over to others.
- Ideally having successfully completed an “IOSH” course.
- Wide knowledge of grounds maintenance activities.
- The ability to manage others in the same environment including mechanics and mentor/develop apprentices
- Professional attitude
- High level of enthusiasm
- An approachable personality
- Strong relationship building skills