Over £12,500 of scholarships has been awarded to nine students studying horticulture by the David Colegrave Foundation (DCF).
The awards include the DCF’s own Student Scholarships as well as several Sponsored Scholarships from South West Growers Show, Ball Colegrave and British Protected Ornamentals Association – Peter Seabrook.
This year also saw an award for the Markham-Colegrave Scholarship that supports a study tour to the US.
Scholarships have been awarded to:
- Student Scholarships – £1,000
James Crawford, CAFRE – Greenmount College
Lydia Mackay, Pershore College
Natasha Golley, Askham Bryan College
Ran Lyu, Writtle College
Stephen Massam, RHS
Steven Jenkins, Pershore College (£500)
- South West Growers Show Scholarship – £1,500James Jones, Bicton College
- Ball Colegrave Scholarship – £1,500Steven Jenkins, Pershore College
- British Protected Ornamentals Association – Peter Seabrook Bursary – £1,000Connor Deacon, Nottingham Trent University
- Markham – Colegrave International Scholarship Award – $4,500Jamie Satterthwaite, Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC)
Jeff Colegrave, DCF trustee, said: “This year’s Scholarship Season drew in a great calibre of applications from students which only goes to highlight the promising level of talent coming into the horticultural industry. Those awarded are all a great investment with interests that include production and commercial horticulture as well as plant pathology and new technology.”
Over £46,000 worth of scholarships has been awarded in the past four years to students studying at 12 UK colleges. The next Scholarship Season runs from Sep 2016 to Jan 2017.
Find out more at www.davidcolegravefoundation.org.uk
Image: Stephen Massam, RHS