The UK’s Best Park 2019 will be announced at the conclusion of Fields in Trust’s Summer of Parks on Thursday 12th September.
Ahead of that, this summer UK’s Best Park will not just be showcasing the parks to receive the highest number of votes in each Home Nation. Each park that has placed in the top 20% of the total nominations will receive “Much Loved” status, recognising the support it has received this summer from those who use and love it.
In total, 73 parks across the UK will be celebrated in this way. Following the close of voting, Fields in Trust have now revealed the number of spaces in each nation and region that your support has given this “Much Loved” status to:
- East of England – 13 parks
- East Midlands – 4 parks
- London – 4 parks
- North East – 3 parks
- North West – 11 parks
- Northern Ireland – 3 parks
- Scotland – 11 parks
- South East – 7 parks
- South West – 4 parks
- Wales – 4 parks
- West Midlands – 3 parks
- Yorkshire and the Humber – 6 parks
Beginning on Tuesday 20th August, Fields in Trust have been journeying around the UK revealing the “Much Loved” parks and the overall winner in each nation and region.
The schedule for these announcements is as follows:
- Tuesday 20th August – East of England
- Wednesday 21st August – London
- Thursday 22nd August – South East
- Friday 23rd August – South West
- Saturday 24th August – West Midlands
- Sunday 25th August – East Midlands
- Monday 26th August – Yorkshire and the Humber
- Tuesday 27th August – North East
- Wednesday 28th August – North West
- Wednesday 28th August – England overall winner
- Thursday 29th August – Wales
- Friday 30th August – Northern Ireland
- Saturday 31st August – Scotland
The four Home Nation winners will provide the shortlist for the overall winner of UK’s Best Park 2019, announced on Thursday 12th September.
To keep up to date with each day’s announcement of the “Much Loved” parks in each region and nation make sure you are following @FieldsInTrust.