The HTA has announced that it has received 48 entries for its Virtual New Plant Awards 2020.
The Awards would normally have been held next week during the National Plant Show, but following cancellation of the Show, it was decided that the Plant Awards would be held as a ‘virtual’ online event this year. Entries have been verified and cross checked against the Joy of Plants’ database to verify their ‘newness’ and judging is now underway. The judges this year are:
- Matthew Biggs – TV & radio gardening personality, garden writer
- Tamsin Westhorpe - Horticultural Journalist & Gardener, Joint Chair Garden Media Guild
- Ian Hodgson - Garden writer, editor, consumer magazines
- Jonathan Savage – General Manager, Scotsdales Garden Centres
- Lesley Watson – Director of New Hopetoun Gardens
It will be announcing Bronze, Silver, Gold and Best in Category winners in each of the five categories and Overall Winner next Wednesday 17 June. ‘Virtual Visitors’ will also have the opportunity to select their Overall Winner from a shortlist chosen by the judges.
The Overall Winner of both the judges award and the virtual visitor vote will receive a trophy courtesy of Floramedia.