Name: James Gardner
Company details: Gardner’s Gardens
- What would you say is the best thing about your job?
Designing and building gardens that bring a great deal of pleasure to my customers and their families is extremely rewarding.
- What made you want to get into the industry?
I received a lot of very positive about my own gardens including suggestions that I should take it up professionally. So as I enjoyed doing it, I enrolled at Capel Manor Horticultural College.
- Challenges ahead in your work?
Gaining market share in a depressed ecomony.
- How is the bulk of your work made up?
Design and build of domestic gardens along with quite a few pure design jobs.
- Current trends in the market?
Crisp lines and simplicity.
- Your company’s plans for the next five years…..
No plans to grow, just to be able to be more selective about which projects we take on.
- How do you remain competitive?
By offering very high standards and good value for money.
- Who are you inspired by?
- Favourite film and TV shows…
- One thing you want to do before you’re too old?
- Countryside or seaside?
- Your proudest achievement?
The ‘World Garden’ at Downham Market.
- Favourite song?
‘Times Like These’ – Foo Fighters
- Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
- Where’s your favourite holiday destination?