Jason Lock, Deakinlock
- 1. What would you say is the best thing about your job?
The variety of work that we get as a design practice and the people I meet and talk to every day, no project is ever the same nor the budget which keeps me on my toes! It is also great being my own boss!
- 2. What made you want to get into the industry?
I wanted a job which enabled me to combine being outside with but also enabled me to be creative.
- 3. Challenges ahead in your work?
The economy is of great concern especially as we are a young business, but we have survived for 3.5 years of recession, I hope with the reputation and brand we are building we can keep moving forward. Nothing can be taken for granted though.
- 4. Your company’s plans for the next five years…..
Survive! ……..and build up our new online business www.mygardn.co.uk
- 5. How do you remain competitive?
Keep flexible in the way we price projects and approach schemes, take nothing for granted and be price sensitive, it is very much a buyers market some thing we have to be in tune with. Listen hard to clients and deliver value for money.
- 6. One thing you want to do before you’re too old?
Drive round the Nurburgring Nordschliefe flat out in my TVR.
- 7. Countryside or seaside?
Countryside – Love it.
- 8. Your proudest achievement?
Designing and Project Managing a garden for the family of a severely disabled young girl through the generosity of local contractors, suppliers and trades, at no cost. It made such a difference to their lives and that of their daughter.
- 9. Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
Winter – Nothing compares to walking my dogs on a crisp, frost laden morning; makes you feel alive.
- 10. Where’s your favourite holiday destination?
France – best wine, cheese, tomatoes, bread, pate, food……..I could go on…