Has housebuilding ever been such a hot topic? Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has faced a backlash for dropping ambitious housebuilding targets; then there’s Michael Gove’s rejection of developments that aren’t aesthetically pleasing; and the countdown is nearly over for biodiversity net gain becoming official for new housing developments. So, we’re exploring the sector this month.
In this issue:
- Leading the Way. Barratt Developments has been driving biodiversity on its developments for years, explains senior landscape architect Brian Hawtin.
- Off Limits! Should we give the green light for building on the green belt?
- Let’s Hear It From…Samantha Hursey. The operations director has been part of the exponential growth at Meadfleet and in building its ecology-focused approach.
- We spoke to designers and landscapers gearing up for this year’s RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival.
- Pitch Perfect! Four designers share their best practices for presenting to clients.
- Kim Sones offers her 10 Tips for Starting a Business in the landscaping industry.
Read the full issue here.