One of the biggest challenges in the industry, we’re often told, is finding the right candidates for the roles available. Why is our sector struggling to attract talent? And what can we do about it? For a start, better value ourselves – at least, that seems to be the suggestion of one of our features this month which looks at whether the grounds maintenance sector is in a race to the bottom.
In this issue:
- On Your Marks, Get Set, Go! It’s a competitive sector, but are grounds maintenance companies tendering with impossibly low prices, and could this be damaging the industry as a whole?
- Let’s Hear It From…Nicola Keach. Over the last 18 months, Tivoli’s CEO has been gearing up the company for growth, with big plans for it to become a leader in the sector.
- 5 Minutes With…Alex Lowenhoff. The landscape architect and Pro Landscaper 30 Under 30 alumni explains how he sees those in the industry as “city fixers”.
- Are garden designers feeling the pinch in the latest UK Landscape Barometer?
- From a rooftop in the capital, to a private garden in Buckinghamshire, to the first public park to be built in the centre of Manchester for more than a century – it can only be our popular Portfolios.
- 5 Lessons from Interviews: Having interviewed hundreds of candidates, business coach Alison Warner has picked up a few tips on the process to pass onto our readers.
Read the full issue here.