In the last three or so years, the landscaping industry has become more attuned to equality, diversity and inclusivity (ED&I) and is starting to see it as an opportunity to address the skills shortage by attracting a more diverse workforce. A charter, signed last year, is guiding the industry’s progress and signatories are carrying out a survey to determine a baseline figure for how diverse horticulture is currently. We hear from those behind the charter who are encouraging change.
In this issue:
- Breaking Down Barriers. How can we diversify our workforce and make horticulture more inclusive?
- Let’s Hear It From…Lee Baxter. Redfields Landscaping & Design’s head of operations shares the company’s significant growth.
- Raising the Bar. Wright Landscapes transformed the garden of an iconic pub in Salford into an APL Award-winning space.
- How do you choose the right kit? Jake Catling warns against rushing into a decision based on a 0% finance offer.
- Pro Landscaper Project Awards. The shortlist has been announced for all 11 categories, with the winners to be announced at a ceremony taking place at FutureScape in November.
- 5 Minutes With…Nathan Webster. The RHS Young Designer of the Year on his show garden debut and newfound confidence.
Read the latest issue here!
This month, you can also find our special lighting supplement in association with in-lite Outdoor Lighting, which showcases beautifully illuminated projects, the rise of downlighting and the use of ‘gobos’. There’s plenty of tips and tricks to take away for your next project. Take a look!