The Royal Horticultural Society has announced the winners of its RHS People Awards 2023.
The awards range from the Veitch Memorial Medal, which is awarded annually to persons of any nationality who have made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the science and practice of horticulture, to the Harlow Carr Medal, awarded to those who have made a significant contribution to horticulture in the North of England, through length of service, commitment to projects or unique capabilities, combined with reliability and professionalism.
A few awards that have been announced this year are:
- The 2023 Victoria Medal of Honour (VMH) was awarded to Jim Marshall, Paul Phillips and Jon Wheatley.
- The 2023 Veitch Memorial Medal was awarded to Susan Campbell, Graham Duncan, Mark Jury, Sidney Linnegar, Bleddyn and Sue Wynn-Jones.
- The 2023 Associate of Honour was awarded to Jim Durrant, Mark Gregory and Stephen Griffith.
- The 2023 Harlow Carr Medal was awarded to Keith Eyre and Jonathan Moseley.
- The 2023 Reginald Cory Memorial Cup was awarded to Anne Wright.
- The 2023 Community Award was awarded to Jenny Wigston.
- The 2023 Roy Lancaster Award was awarded to Rowan Griffiths.
A full list of other RHS awards and their winners can be found here.