Shed Grounds Maintenance Ltd has been awarded UKAS accreditation for ISO 14001, demonstrating our commitment to the environment and to continuously improving our services.
ISO 14001 is an internationally accepted standard requiring businesses to develop and operate an effective Environmental Management System. The standard is designed to address the delicate balance between maintaining profitability whilst reducing a business’s overall environmental impact.
This accreditation provides assurances to our staff and our customers that we comply with regulatory or legal requirements. Any potential environmental impact is assessed, continuously measured, monitored and improved. The accreditation also requires regular audits from BSi, thus ensuring our continuous commitment to implementing and improving our Environmental Management System.
ISO 14001 certification completes a family of accreditations achieved at Shed which includes UKAS ISO 9001 for Quality Management; and Safe Contractor, CHAS and IOSH Managing Safely for Health and Safety. Our commitment to these accreditations gives our clients the peace of mind they are working with a quality operator in the grounds maintenance field.
The benefits of introducing ISO 14001 into our business include:
- Reduced the cost of our waste management.
- We have made savings in both the consumption of energy and materials.
- Demonstrates to trade bodies, regulators, clients and the public Shed’s commitment to the environment and sustainability.
- Help us remain commercially successful without overlooking environmental responsibilities.
- Provides a framework to help us to meet increasingly high customer expectations of corporate responsibility and legal or regulatory requirements.
Peter Botham, managing director, said: “Achieving ISO14001 demonstrates our commitment to minimising our impact on the environment whilst our business continues to grow, playing our part in sustaining a healthy environment. With ever increasing expectations of corporate responsibility this shows that we are a creditable company to work with for our team and our customers. We’ve thoroughly embraced the accreditation process and work more conscientiously and efficiently than ever before. I am very proud of our team who have all worked hard to help us gain this accreditation.”