The Landscape Institute has announced the switch to a more supportive, inclusive, fully online continuing professional development (CPD) service for members
Following consultation with its members, and as part of its ongoing digital upgrades, the Landscape Institute (LI) has announced some exciting changes to its approach to members’ CPD.
CPD is a vital part of how LI members stay professionally competent and relevant in a challenging, fast-moving environment. As the Royal Chartered Body for the profession, the LI asks all its corporate members to complete 25 hours’ CPD activity per year.
New CPD year to run until 30 June
One of the biggest changes its implementing is the 12-month period over which it as a profession review, record and monitor CPD.
From 2020 onwards, the CPD year will end on 30 June instead of 31 December. In practice, this means that:
- the January 2019 to December 2019 CPD year will instead run from January 2019 to June 2020
- we will ask members to record 37 hours’ CPD for this period, rather than 25, to account for the 6-month extension
- 2020-21 and subsequent CPD years will run from 1 July to 30 June
The monitoring period will now begin before the end of the CPD year, with candidates notified in advance – rather than after the CPD year has ended, as is the case currently. The Landscape Institute hope that this will be far more helpful to members, giving them a chance to review their CPD record and actively address any outstanding objectives and/or uncompleted hours.
The timetable for 2019-20 will be:
- April 2020: candidates notified
- June 2020: deadline for return of completed CPD records
- July-August 2020: review of returned CPD records
- September 2020: close of monitoring period
Full CPD policy guidance will follow in the new year.