In a celebration of skill, talent and expertise, Marshalls plc held their annual domestic contractor awards in Chester on 13 May 2022 and crowned winners in ten garden and driveway categories.
The Marshalls Register Awards are for the 1000+ businesses which are accredited by the leading hard landscaping business. The prestigious event was held at Carden Park Hotel, with over 200 guests. Over 450 projects from 156 different businesses were entered into the awards.
The big prize went to Dawson Landscapes based in Hartlepool, who were given the highly esteemed title of “Contractor of the Year 2021/22” for which they won a 1.5 Volvo excavator. They were also awarded ‘Most creative use of a Marshalls product’ for an incredible project which included a 3D Formula 1 car going into a tunnel, hand-cut using porcelain and granite.
Of their achievement, Andrew Dawson said: “I am so proud of the full team here at Dawson Landscapes, massive thank you to Marshalls for a brilliant award ceremony and an even bigger thank you to our fellow landscapers who voted for this project.”
The Marshalls Register Awards invite contractors to vote for their peers, all projects are featured anonymously on the Marshalls voting website, ensuring maximum credibility and integrity, which is a true marque of respect for all the winners.
David Jessop, Operations Manager of the Marshalls Register said: “The awards are a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the talent within the industry and shine a light on some of the amazing spaces that have been created. The winning projects from Dawson Landscapes show huge amounts of creativity and skill, and it was no surprise that they were chosen by fellow members as the winner. Huge congratulations to all of our winners, and those that were successful in the regional awards too. It makes us proud to do what we do, and to work with the best in the business.”
Special congratulations to this year’s award winners which are as follows:
- Best driveway transformation over 70m2 – CJ Paving
- Best driveway transformation under 70m2 – Brockstone Landscape Construction
- Best patio transformation over 40m2 – M Withall Landscapes
- Best patio transformation under 40m2 – Signature Landscapes Design & Build
- Best use of a new Marshalls product – Brighouse Driveways
- Best engineering achievement – Walker Landscape and Design
- Best use of Fairstone – Aura Landscapes
- Most creative use of Marshalls product – Dawson Landscapes
- Best project by a new entrant – Revolution Landscapes
- Made in Britain Award – Waterdale Landscapes
- Contractor of the Year – Dawson Landscapes
The Marshalls Register of Accredited Landscape Contractors and Driveway Installers is a national network of independent professional installers. All installers are strictly vetted and monitored by Marshalls to assess their levels of competence and performance.
Contractors can use the Marshalls website to find out more about joining the Marshalls Register; customers looking to find a reputable garden or driveway installer in their area can also do so on the site.